RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dual Rx battery/Switch Set-up?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 05:16 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by abufletcher
I don't have any gassers at the moment don't have an expectation of getting one for quite a while. But they do seem to be good choices for the usual 1/4 scale WWI fighters. I bought the 6.0V 2000mAh NiMh 5-cell packs a couple of years ago, but have not used them. If and when I get new batteries I'll probably go with the A123 packs (or whatever has supersede that a the battery of choice by that time).

The on-board glow system I got to use with the 770 (Microsens) actually requires its own 3.7V lipo battery (5000mAh). The only suitable battery I could find is the Turnigy 5000 hardcase which seems like a ridiculous thing to put in a flying model.

Actually, I'm not thinking about flying (or at least testing) the 770 without the on-board system and even the exhaust ring, all of which probably add a full kilo to the weight.
You know Abu, you can wire a lipo to be multi cell to kick up your Mah. You would want say a 1s5p battery of 1000 mah capacity per cell. This is 5x1000 to get 5000. That battery would be no problem to track down. Maybe check with Cheapbatterypacks.com They do custom packs. If not, no biggie to buy the cells and solder it up yourself. That amount of Mah, should give you plenty of engine run time.