RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 12-06-2014, 05:14 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Funny thing is I have photos of my foster sons oldest boy when he was only 2.5 years old in my living room flying one of those little indoor choppers. Now when they come over I pull it out and he allows his younger brother to fly it first for a few minutes. He isn't being nice though, he knows it will fly better after the battery looses a little juice. I had him on the buddy box at 4 years old and let him do everything except take off and land my 60 size trainer. Now at 8 he has been flying for a long time but it is taking a back seat to mini truck racing, the Trophy Kart series. It helps a lot with a dad that can afford these toys. This kid has been on his dads computer playing with the sim ever sence I can remember so flying a plane was easy.
As a kid his dad was always in my engine box making something, these days he seems to have forgotten how to do anything himself but he has a good hobby shop and they set up his ARFs for him. I don't say too much about it, at least he and the boys are out flying and having fun.
Next time the boys come to town I will start teaching them to build, I have a couple small RB kits for them to work on.