RCU Forums - View Single Post - WACO YMF
Thread: WACO YMF
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 11:51 AM
Cougar429
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Flyrc67, welcome, as well.

I had my 1/6 Pica nearly completed and was stupid enough to sell it. If this is only your second kit would recommend taking your time. Even with years of experience found Picas a bit of a challenge, mostly due to the much higher parts count for each assembly.

On the 1/6 and my current 1/5 I had modded each lower wing to accept a setup identical to mrdhud. If the panel and mounting plate it bolts to, (the part bonded to the wing) made from lite ply they are more than strong enough for both upper and lower ailerons. The forward edge of my mounting frames bonded to the back of the spars so there was added structural strength if required.

Just ensure you have a servo of at least 50 oz/in if wanting to wring it out a bit later. I used HS-625's simply as they were handy.

If you think the flat servo panel not aesthetically pleasing you can add a layer of balsa to the outside and sand it to follow the contour of the rest of the wing.

It will be a lot easier to mod the wing while building. On my 1/5 the wing had the original central servo and bellcrank arrangement installed at time of purchase and was a pain to update.