RCU Forums - View Single Post - 125% (1/4 scale) Anderson TA-152H
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2014, 04:34 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Ok, i got some more done.

I started gluing on the bottom halves of the bulkheads and installing the stringers.

then more stringers were added (and extended) and the ply rear filet pieces added.

the balsa wing saddle parts were put in place. Here it is with the bottom/sides ready to be sheeted.

the bottom fuselage extension was sheeted. This was done with only twi pieces. The outside surface of the balsa skin was wetted with tap water and allowed to sit until it started to warp. It was then gentle worked around the curve of the fuselage and glued in place.

the rear fuselage side sheeting was cut and glued to the first bottom stringer on both sides.

it waa then rolled over in its holders so I could add some stiffener stringers on the ply fillet pieces. The reason i added these was because when the balsa lower skin gets glued to the ply piece, the ply piece will warp and bow. The stringers help prevent that.

Here is an overall side shot of the fuse as it sits now.

then in prep for sheeting the remainder of the bottom fuse, i wet one side of four sheets of balsa and am leaving to sit while i eat dinner and spend time with the family.

i also got word today that the replacement wing ribs were mailed out today, so they should be here Wed/thursday. My plan is to have 80% of the airframe framed up by the new year. So far I am on track to meet that goal.

Last edited by invertmast; 12-09-2014 at 08:00 AM.