RCU Forums - View Single Post - UMS Evolution Radial Care and Operation
Old 12-09-2014, 04:39 PM
Speedy-Gonzales
My Feedback: (202)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Warranties are just a piece of paper. I have been in this grand hobby for over 50 years and not once had a warranty claim.
Hundreds of engines, radios, and kits. The only claim I ever filed was with UPS because my item was broken before I even
received it. If it's an inexpensive item it will most usually be repaired or replaced. If it is an expensive item the manufacturer
will claim the user to be at fault for some reason or at minimum you will not see your warranty repaired item for 3-6 months.

I have purchased 3 new DLE engines in the last 2 years and the very first thing I do is void the warranty by removing the factory
rings and installing Bowman rings. The new rings are worth voiding the warranty to have a better running engine. I would rather
buy parts and do the repairs myself anyways.

P.S..........Everything comes from China whether you buy from a USA distributor or direct.

Yeh.....I don't like their payment options. My question is.......how does the item double in price between China
and Horizon Hobby when the engines are made in India/Indonesia ?? Therein lies your "warranty".

Last edited by Speedy-Gonzales; 12-09-2014 at 04:51 PM.