RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Escapade .40 ARF
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 07:46 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

And now , for something completely different , I present , , !!!! NAKED Escapade !!!!

This is my version of one of my favorite planes . It has a few small modifications that I incorporated in it's assembly such as ;

All control surfaces have full length mylar hinges to keep any air from becoming turbulent at the control surface . This is done in an attempt to eliminate flutter , which has not yet been seen in this model with the sealed hinges .

Tail surfaces are glued on , after regluing the infamous not well glued elevator joiner rod , mine is one of the first sold and did have the improperly glued joiner . I was just lucky to be a few months lazy getting it done and by then the problem was widely known , see , procrastination ain't ALL bad

I removed all stickers and replaced them with my AMA number . Looks somewhat cleaner in my opinion .

No pilot cause my running joke is that "It's MY seat , why would I let some other guy sit there ?"

On board glow cause I'm lazy and don't like fiddling around with glow sticks . Flick a switch on the TX , Flip the prop , and fly

I always favor wood props and real metal spinners , OK , call me old fashioned but plastic just don't do it for me , prop and spinner wise .

Anyway , I tried to give a close up of the needle valve and that in this particular instance with an OS 56 FSa , no carving of the cheeks was needed (OUCH !!! Sounds flippin painful !)

Last edited by init4fun; 12-10-2014 at 07:54 AM.