RCU Forums - View Single Post - Citabria/Decathlon Brotherhood, ARF, kit build, electric, nitro and gas all welcome
Old 12-10-2014, 05:54 PM
loopdeeloop
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few years ago I built this 1/4 scale Dynaflight Decathlon. Powered it initially with a 25cc Homelite conversion. Wanted more power so I installed a 30cc Homelite. Wanted even better performance and got it when I installed a DLE-30. 19x8 Zoar prop. As others have mentioned, the main gear needed something beefier so I fashioned new gear from beefier aluminum bar stock. This has held up nicely. She is covered with Koverall and painted with Rustoleum and then clear coated. The paint scheme was from a Canadian registered craft. I've always been partial to burgundy and crème color schemes. The N number was registered to my dearly departed Brother-In Law (a Frontier Airline pilot) who taught his kids to fly in the full scale version. This is a "tribute" airplane. Doesn't get flown much but it does fly nice and always draws nice comments at fun fly events. It came in a bit heavy at 19#.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Decathlon.JPG
Views:	1677
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	2053950