RCU Forums - View Single Post - BJ Craft Passion
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 05:07 PM
flyintexan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sungho,

I got a few more fights on the plane and now some flights in windy conditions. I really like the forward cg position. I think the shim helped, but not as much as I thought it would. I still have nearly the same amount of down elevator mix with rudder, but again it is very little and the plane is very solid in the F pattern. I added a pinch of right thrust and that was just right. Snaps are still just amazing. In 15+mph wind I was able to fly better than expected. The wind causes the plane to jump around a little bit but I was able to hold lines just fine. I'm not sure if I should try a shim on the top wing as well or fly it a bit more as is first...it's really close to competition trim at only 20 flights.

In addition I found a way to smooth the higher speed downline exits by mixing a small amount of flaps/spoilers to elevator input. The Ailerons drop about 4mm with full up elevator and raise up the same with full down. I think the extra drag induced by the Ailerons while using elevator settles the airplane very nicely. This mix is not engaged when my snap rate switch is on. It also helped slow down the airspeed right at landing/flare out.

-mark

Last edited by flyintexan; 12-14-2014 at 05:10 PM.