RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 05:21 AM
Rudolph Hart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by acdii
I meant they are bound together in one pair to one connector as opposed to separate wires like I have seen elsewhere. I had one that had no connector on it, just a separate red and separate black wire.
That's a good point acdc and the insulation used on that pairing is middlin to very poor.If you snag the ignition wiring say pulling it thru a firewall or even if you have sharp fingernails(like the ex handbrake)you will cause a short between the two bound wires.In my case you could'nt see it even tho you knew you had stretched the wires a bit.The minute i seperated the two the engine fired.

ps been workin hard all weekend and at the end of the day i was chillin out in the shed with a beer admiring the saito 182 twin in the taylorcraft when a mouse ran past the big shed door and around the corner.Before i had a chance to wonder why it was going so fast a big brown snake came straight into the shed,got em with the house broom,it was two beers and a hand rolled cuban before things seemed normal again.