View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 01:05 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LarsL
Hey Bobby,

Note sure what magazine you are reading??? I don't see any of the "manufacturer told us what to write" that you refer to. In fact, every review has a Pluses and Minuses section and I have never seen a review that didn't have at lease one minus. Most have at least two or three. With the discontinuation of RC Report, all of the other commercial magazines only refer to the positives in their reviews.

You write that that it is rare for them to have an article on something other than a new product... if someone wants to have a critique of MA, it could be that there are not enough reviews of new products. Usually they have just one or two per issue. The majority of the articles are from SIG's, explaining what's new, what's developing, how to's, and so on in their areas. I might have missed the article on the "downwind turn" so maybe there was one, but I've never seen the plethora of articles on that subject that you refer to.

Like someone else said, you send yours right to the trash and don't read it, so on what are you basing your critique?

Lars
He's not reading MA, that's for sure. Either he is mistaken as to what mag he is reading, or his comments are not factually correct. After all, he said the mag doesn't even get to the house, it goes right into the trash.

No alternative publication was named either. Hmm?