RCU Forums - View Single Post - time to stop the dromes..........NOW
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 01:10 PM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HoundDog

Funny U say that about the FAA. A very good RCer x Airline Pilot has a daugher that is an Air Traffic Controller in SE Wisconsin. I asked her if they were having any problems with so called Drones. Her comment was t fold. 1. that they were concerned with the NEW TFR/notam about not allowing DRONES to Fly with in 3 miles of a Stadium that seets more than 30,000 for 2 hours before to 2 hours after a secluded event. 2. They have had several people call and ask about the tower notification as to being able to fly with in a certian distance. Her answer was that he would have to have to have a WRITTEN Agreement with the facility, and he would have to notify them befor he started flying and when he finished flying. That way they can warn full scale about the RC activity or rout them around the ares. With that she said the Rank and File controllers She Said are much too busy with controlling traffic and other duities to worry about model airplanes.
Then she said they have been advised / required to follow up on any reports from pilots about Drones. She also stated that the Milwauke FSDO has been out this summer sever week ends because a flight instructor had filed a report that he had seen a couple of RC models under one of the final approach courses. She said the FSDO people were there to catch whom was flying there. She also said that the tower had known of the RC activity for years but no one had ever made a complaint before.

So take it for what it is ... But Bad Mouthing the FAA can be anything but helpful and probblally even very detrimental to our hobby. The people at the FAA are not Stupid and U can bet they at least some one Reads things like these RCU Forums.
I really doubt the FAA reads or cares about what some nuts publish in RCU Forums. They have much more to worry about.