RCU Forums - View Single Post - spektrum s6030
Thread: spektrum s6030
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 04:13 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by EXT2Rob
Yeah, but being able to play with throttle and brake curves is pretty cool. An of course, having the computer app and being able to configure the ESC graphically is just SO much easier, AND powerful.
Yeah, but having the hardware as standard equipment inside the the ESC is what Castle used to do... like my first generation Mamba Max. Now you have pay an extra $25 for a tiny proprietary interface adapter to hook up a USB cable! It's like they are taking a step backwards. A person is not saving any weight or getting a smaller ESC. Actually, the first Mamba Max is the same size and 10.1 grams lighter than the Mamba Max Pro. Sure my Mamba Max maybe outdated and ugly green (sorry, green wasn't the selling point for me) with big ass capacitors hanging out of it, but I can just grab a USB cable and tune away. I'm sure there is some generic reason they (Castle) did away with the usb port that I don't know about. If it was a concern of durability of the port being weak... I don't believe it. I did everything to the ESC but slam it into concrete wall.

Sorry for jumping in and throwing a mini hissy fit.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	product-max.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	2055385  

Last edited by RustyUs; 12-16-2014 at 04:33 AM.