RCU Forums - View Single Post - The MA mag for joining AMA
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 07:14 AM
BobbyMcGee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
He's not reading MA, that's for sure. Either he is mistaken as to what mag he is reading, or his comments are not factually correct. After all, he said the mag doesn't even get to the house, it goes right into the trash.

No alternative publication was named either. Hmm?
I was reading (or at least glancing through) Model Aviation magazine for years before I finally gave up on it altogether sometime in 2009. To this day, I still hear enough of the club members complaining about the magazine and saying the same things as I wrote. The general sentiment I've heard is that the magazine is written for beginners coming into the hobby. So, with that, I don't waste my time reading MA because I get nothing out of it.

I don't feel that I need to state that I read any alternative publication, whether I do or not. That has no bearing on my statement that MA is useless.

I agree that MA should be switched to an internet publication, but the good ol' boys in the AMA wouldn't go for that because they want to use the magazine as a revenue source for their own personal/financial gain.