RCU Forums - View Single Post - The MA mag for joining AMA
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 07:28 AM
OldRookie
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am enjoying the option to take the print edition, the online edition, or both.
I very seldom ever read anything in the Model Aviation magazine, and it seemed to be a big waste of a tree to me, so I opted for the digital edition only.
It is nice to have the option of having access to the digital issue only, and saving $9.95 and part of a tree.
It seems as if most of you have no idea that a digital copy of MA is even available. The annual dues for AMA with the print and digital editions is $57.95, and the annual dues with the digital edition only is $48.00.
My interests are only in aerobatic and 3D at this time, so the magazine venue doesn't appeal to me. Magazines cover many aspects of the hobby that have absolutely no interest to me. I would much rather spend my RC reading time on the internet, looking up specific things that I have questions about. Digital information is easly accessed, and more timely.
I just logged onto the AMA site and looked at the most recent edition of MA, and noticed that I haven't even looked at an issue since April 2014. Saved me a few walks to the garbage can.
It was suggested that a person could donate issues of MA to the local library....I tried this, and they weren't interested, and didn't want the magazines. I contacted a local VA hospital to see if they would want my collection of old model magazines that dated back to the 60's, and they also weren't interested. Finally got rid of them to the landfill a few months back.

Greg

Last edited by OldRookie; 12-16-2014 at 08:04 AM.