RCU Forums - View Single Post - time to stop the dromes..........NOW
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 07:33 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Agree. Unfortunately, there's a lot of irresponsible flying out there that's getting the FAA's attention. The fact that they're keeping data on it is a ominous sign - it's making the issue visible to decision makers and regulators. Unfortunately, I think it's a weakness in the AMA's case that they don't have an enforcement arm. FAA can legitimately ask this question: "Ok, AMA, so you want to be the CBO....how exactly will you handle members who are at a field open to the public and they're violating your 'guidelines?" "What exactly will your ORGANIZATON do about that?" I'd be really interested in hearing AMA's response.
Hey Navy:
All Law enforcement is after the fact. You can't arrest or prosecute some one for what they might do. Only ounce something seems to have become a problem do the authority's attempt to do something, Speeding is aginst the law but everone does it every day and no one says anything until something happens Like an accident. This is not a totalitarian state YET. The FAA has the power to charge people with infractions of the FAR's and have people especially trained to investigate FAR infractions. Now the AMA could do the same thing, But U wouldn't like it. Lets say the FAA could require the AMA to designate one or two individuals from every chartered club with reporting any and all infractions of AMA or even club ruels to the AMA for disciplinary action. How would U like to be one of those guys?