RCU Forums - View Single Post - time to stop the dromes..........NOW
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 08:33 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bradpaul
You do realize that a "Safety Coordinator" is a required officer position with email access to charter an AMA Club? And the AMA does publish guidelines for the "Safety Coordinator" position.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/920.pdf

So enforcement needs to be established in the Club Charter and the Safety Coordinator is who the AMA communicates with.
Our club VP is the safety officer. When I was the VP/Safety officer I tried to enforce the rules ... It doesn't work unless U get the backing of most of the members and the Officers. All I ever heard was we're to hav fun and if all U R going to complain about people breaking the rules no body is having any fun. The next VP did nothing and the Next said all club members should be Safety officers and police each other ... Well U can imagine how that works. Safety is something a person wants to do, If they aren't Safety Consonance and people are willing to over look it their isn't a thing a safety officer with out the backing of the members can do.

It got so bad that for a 2 year period no one would even talk to me. That was 3 years ago and I've bit my toung ever since and not said a thing about Safety to anyone ... guess what some have started conversing with me again ...People don't to be told of their indescreations even if it in dangers others. But you know who the biggest violators are The IN CROWD the klickes and the Officers, Because the popular people get elected to office
. U can make all the rules U want about Safety but if people aren't willing it just ain't gonna happen.