RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 07:22 PM
Bill Lowen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all. My name is Bill and I need some help.. went through some life changes a few years ago and stepped away from RC but now I am back at this hobby with a new found excitement.. I have an FA 65 that I have no clue where it came from (seriously) it has.been sitting in a box lo these the many years and it is in pretty good shape. I am not one to let a good engine go to waste so it is going on a 65 inch Decathlon. Problem is it will not run.. so I have adjusted the valves and dissembled the carb. The engine and carb parts are now getting a crockpot anti freeze bath as we speak. I have ordered the engine and carb gasket kits along with a velocity stack from Advantage Hobby. I have spent the last hour or so reading the complete Saito Notes by Bill Robison.. man what a wealth of information that guy was.. RIP good sir, what a kick in the pants that was to have found out the guy passed in 07 at the end of the thread, after spending a few hours reading his notes kind of got a sense of what a great asset he was to the RC community and I felt a bit of sadness to read about his passing.. anyway what I need and I cannot find anywhere is an exploded view of the FA 65.. found a ton of links but most of them came back as link not found.. or something along those lines.. .. so if somebody could post a link it would be a huge help!!! Thanks a have a great evening!

oh and mine has the Y code stamped in the mount and the muffler with the aluminum canister.

Last edited by Bill Lowen; 12-16-2014 at 07:37 PM.