RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bob Cat Copy Falcon 120 Jet
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 01:23 PM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am the original designer of the first cockpit tub Ed offered, as some of you may know. I also did all of the vacuum forming for those. I have been vacuum forming for more than 11 years now and I basically have a lifetime of mold making experience using all kinds of different materials. I'm extremely picky as Ed will tell you! And I only sell parts I would use in my projects, as those who have bought stuff from me will tell you! That is how I know everyone will be happy with my work, everyone from the average modeler that could not care less about the details all the way up to the expert who demands detail and quality.

I have about 20 of the cockpit tubs, I am not a company and will only make things for others when I need to offset the cost of some project that needed some vacuum forming or something, recently I purchased 5 sheets of .040. I know many who use their skill to help pay for the hobby, limiting it this way also keeps it a hobby and not a job!

On my tubs I am using a new plastic, well it's not new just new for me but it is a treatment process called "Corona". It's used on outdoor signs for better UV protection, dye adhesion and the plastic feels stronger and seems much less prone to cracking. When you have the tub in your hands you will know the difference, well not all but some will!

I will offer these in the Buy & Sell section of this site, I have 20 now and may sell as many a 40 but that would be pushing it. I am doing this mainly because some here have asked for my work specifically.

Crisp detail and a properly designed structure to support a pilot figure under high G maneuvering, that is done with ridges in strategic places. These also create a feeling of depth that the tub obviously does not have.

Luke
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	009.JPG
Views:	1039
Size:	832.1 KB
ID:	2055876   Click image for larger version

Name:	007.JPG
Views:	1026
Size:	837.6 KB
ID:	2055878