RCU Forums - View Single Post - Warbird racing.........glow or gas?
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 08:07 AM
MFLOOD3800
My Feedback: (51)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys are making it sound like you are the only RCPRO guys who would come. And the rest of the RCPRO guys who fly nitro and choose to fly nitro with legal airplanes per my rules, are grouped in with you. Many, in fact the majority, have legal planes already, yet you are trying to paint this picture like they have to go buy a new one to race. That is absolutely wrong. Glen your comment on Z bends and scale outline as far as radiator scoop is wrong. We are after scale outlines yes, to keep out Q40 and other planes that will potentially ruin this style of racing. I set the rules up with what was in line with the old rules of RCPRO when it was a flourishing event and in my opinion the right way to regualte it. Most any ARF today fits into this category as is what the majority of the RCPRO guys flying fuel use. We all have our opinions and yet you seem to think yours is the only one that matters. You seem to think no one else's opinion is valid so, "dont call it a warbird championship race". I like to think I too can have an opinion, and that my opinions do matter. I like to think a wing chart and eng limit for all classes is valid. It isnt just a YS race. They will dominate in the gold class for sure, cause its the best value for racing there is. When you have something great, it will dominate. Seems to me like you guys are doing your best to deter anyone reading this thread from wanting to be a part of it, especially the rcpro guys- thanks for that.
I am still not sure how my opinion isnt valid, when I allow you yours in rcpro and dont say anything about it. I am against the lack of wing chart. I see us reflecting a Reno warbird race and that is nostalgic in its own presentation. I want to keep it as reno does. I prefer nitro for this reason. I dont hate electrics, but dont see them as really fitting into reno style racing. If this nitro type of warbird racing dies as a result of me not "keeping up with the times", then it will die with me at least doing what I enjoyed the way I felt it was best served. Have you ever heard me say anything bad about rcpro dropping the wing chart or allowing electrics - NO. Because I respect your opinion and choice and your rules. I dont complain about the rules, I just show up with what your rules allowed and raced. I did this before you dropped the wing chart, or allowed electrics. I didnt come in and push my opinion on you. I just raced. Now with your new rules I continue to do the same, cause I enjoy racing.

Once again Andy, I respect your knowledge and your opinion and drive to take electrics to the level you have, but I am still gong to call this a Warbird Championship Race even with out 6 pilots flying electric planes out of close to 90 pilots.

I in no way mean to hurt you guys or leave you out. But the huge majority of RCPRO guys have legal planes, and are more than welcome to come and put it all out there and be crowned champion.