RCU Forums - View Single Post - ~~Sig Kadet Brotherhood~~.
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 09:42 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hoping this is appropriate in this thread

Hello again,

This has to do with gluing the building of a Kadet Senior wing. Previous posted pictures show proof that I am in the process of building the right wiing. Right here means opposite left; not as being correct.

Four pictues below _ _ _

First pic ..... two small sheets at 90 degrees. A small wood block holds them at this relatioship with my let hand. Right hand applies a generous drop of CA on one side of the joint about 1/4" from the top right end; another generous drop on the opposite side (behind the viewed face). I hold this without any motion for two minutes looking at my watch on my left wrist. Remove the small block holding the 90 degrees and the vertical piece falls off. No gluing occured although I could see the glue spreading along the joint. The 90 degree piece (vertical) has a straight edge and the horizontal sheet is flat.

Repeat the action as above again with two generous drops of CA and hold for another two minutes (no motion at all). The vertical piece holds in position but seems weakly joined as blowing with my mouth from about 10 inches makes it bend out of 90 degrees. Let it go for another 10 minutes; it now seem glued solid.

Is the above significant for anyone ?

Picture 2 _ _ _ Then I laid a bead (strip) of Titebond on the right hand side; more than I usually apply for a fillet. After a couple of minutes I notice it become longer. The glue is flowing along the corner; not enough viscosity.

Picture 3 _ _ _ I then apply a bead of Great Planes glue on the left side of that joint .

Above was done aroung 23:30 to 23:45 EST .
I will see later today the results of the glue curing and shrinking and will post new pictures.
For now the pieces are just sitting by the work bench downstairs.

Picture 4 shows a small tool that I often use to spread along the fresh glue while scraping any further away than needed for the fillet.

CU later . . .

Zor

OOPS ... Pic 4 missing .... I will try to get it. Got it, the pic with the ruler.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	R 100_7621.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	2056379   Click image for larger version

Name:	R 100_7622.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	2056380   Click image for larger version

Name:	R 100_7623.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	2056381   Click image for larger version

Name:	R 100_7624.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	2056382  

Last edited by Zor; 12-19-2014 at 10:01 PM.