RCU Forums - View Single Post - ~~Sig Kadet Brotherhood~~.
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 08:15 AM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TomCrump
zor. I've never done viscosity tests on my wood glue. If I feel that it's too thin, I take off the cap and stir up the bottles contents, using a length of music wire..That usually brings up the viscosity to usable levels.

When I buy glue, I pick businesses that sell it in vast quantities. That way, I'm assured of getting the freshest product available.

I've seen CA in hardware stores that is so old that it doesn't flow in the bottle. I've seen wood glue in hobby shops that is settled out, and thin on the top.
Hello Tom,

I am not doing viscosity tests. I am not trying to measure the poise or centipoise or any other units of viscosity. I am only observing the fluidity of the glue coming out of its container. I asked the brotherhood twice now what it looks like and got no reply.It appears you have not read post #2276 in which I explained that I had done just what you say.

I do not know where you buy your glue and you did not say. I bought mine from the LHS to encourage hm.
Apparently he got some very wrong supply of glue both on CA and Titebond III.

My steering the Titebond III as I wrote in post 2276 I did get some higher viscosity but still quite watery.
Nothing like the Titebond website that says it is the thickest in the market.

I am pursuing my search for a source of SIG-MENT.

Thanks for your comments.

Zor

P.S.: It took me nearly on hour to get into the forum this morning. Sign in and it would not sign me in. IE cannot display the page. Data base error. I even rebooted my computer twice. I had no prolem with trying other sites (weather and CBC and BBC news).
End

Last edited by Zor; 12-20-2014 at 08:24 AM.