RCU Forums - View Single Post - Do we really need the ama, or is it just like auto insurance...another ripoff?
Old 12-20-2014, 11:13 AM
LarsL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnShe
The law says that, as long as we obey the rules of a CBO, they cannot regulate us. There is no 1000 page secret plan, there never will be. The FAA has published a road map for integrating the commercial drones, it is only a few pages and says nothing about licenses for recreational activity. The FAA has published an interpretation of the model airplane special rule in the law. Their interpretation specifically stats that as long as we obey the rules of a CBO we will l not be regulated. They have also stated, that for those who cannot or will not obey the rules, they will apply existing regulations and they will punished severely. That's fine with me.

I am curious as well.
I don't think there is a 1000 page plan either, I merely was pointing out that HoundDog doesn't have any proof or facts that licensing regulations are coming. He's however is not so naive and nor am I to think that licensing our hobby can "never happen" as you say. I learned along time ago to know that nothing is absolute. I hope you are right, but I won't put my trust in hope. That is why I think we the AMA is needed.

Lars