RCU Forums - View Single Post - Do we really need the ama, or is it just like auto insurance...another ripoff?
Old 12-22-2014, 09:27 AM
Tony G.
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The question is "Do we need..." not "Do we like..." The answere is in my opinion, an unequivocal yes. They do and have done much more than provide insurance. Not going to list that out as it would take volumes, but the organization (which is us by the way), continues to be advocates for the hobby. With any organization they are not going to get it 100% right to 100% of the member's satisfaction. That never happens with any club, organization, or group. Look here, we don't agree already and again we as I said are the AMA.

I'll give one example - would we have gotten our exclusive use 72mhz band if we the AMA hadn't as an organization been there to work with the government bodies to set it aside for us? 72mhz is not critical like it once was, but without it the hobby would not have grown like it did. We as modelers would not have all the options/opportunities we have today. No way that happens unless we as a collective group with a representative leadership body work and were there to do it.

if you are a hunter/gun sportsman, would you be better off without the NRA? If you are a private pilot would you be better off without the AOPA?

Lars

I totally agree with you LARS
Yes to AMA

TONY GAGO