RCU Forums - View Single Post - low wing or high wing planes....whats harder to fly???
Old 12-22-2014, 03:16 PM
AllModesR/C

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gray Beard
You would. There are a number of different types of flying a model plane with different names used for it. Scale flying is just flying a plane and making it look and act like the full scale it was modeled after. You don't see a lot of Cubs or Cessna's doing loops and rolls when they are flying over your house. I have a couple of Extras and Edges hangered at the airport just down the road from me and they don't stunt over the house either but as soon as they get over the desert they start performing all the wild maneuvers they are known for.
If all you want to do is fly around in a circle or do figure eights then stick with planes like the Cub.
The problem is as you progress as a pilot your going to decide at some point to try a loop, then maybe a roll. It's normal, we all did it. The high wing planes, even the basic trainer will do all these things. Mater of fact it's fun stunt flying the trainer. I love flying them in really strong wind because I can get them to even fly backwards.
A lot of the really old guys I fly with just fly around in a circle but even they sneak in a loop once in a while.
Interesting. Somehow though I can't imagine my old 40 trainer being capable of doing a loop. It seems barely powerful enough to stay afloat and flies pretty slow. I think if I tried to loop it upwards it would stall before inverting.