RCU Forums - View Single Post - low wing or high wing planes....whats harder to fly???
Old 12-23-2014, 10:49 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

HP man did this post of yours above and the link strike a cord and thank you. This may be a bit of digression from the subject and for that I am sorry but there is a connection here that I believe will be of interest to all.

I have no connection with the well know Amelia Reid at all but of course was familiar with some of her story. But what got me was just this morning before I read your post I was in conversaion over the phone with an old friend and he had just crossed paths with her son. What is so interesting is apparently in addition to his full scale accomplishments he had been one of the Cox demo flyers that flew routines all over the country in the early days of the plastics. He even gave Collin one off the left over ships

My friend Collin acts as a physical tie and connection for the rather small and shrinking group Fournier owner, operator, airshow flyers and preservationist Left in the world. I had to let mine go after a 35 year love affair about six years ago but Collin is good about keeping this small group of fortunate folks connected. It was something about the Fourniers that had brought Collin and miss Reids son together.

Definitely points out something I have always said and that is Aviation as well as Model Aviation is truly a small world.

Sorry for the digression