RCU Forums - View Single Post - Do we really need the ama, or is it just like auto insurance...another ripoff?
Old 12-25-2014, 09:11 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
Sad? Yes, continuing the bitter rants about the election loss is the only sadness I see. It's sad to see someone call into question the decision of his peers, that of which I'm sure would have been lauded, had the decision been different. The CHORE was completed, the voters spoke. To second guess them, call into question their credibility and judgement, and lash out at the organization (repeatedly) that one wanted so very badly to be part of reeks of pettiness. The comments about prior activity of the AMA regarding frequency is fair enough, but the rest of the comments are filled with such transparent contempt.

For an organization that is allegedly so poorly run and managed, it sure looked like some folks put a lot of time and effort trying to get elected to a position there (after previously serving in a similar capacity). Continuing to complain about the result, and then thinly alluding to digging up skeletons only further validates the decision that was made. Why can't the decision be respected and handled in a dignified and graceful manner?
Very good, Mr. porcia 83. Thank you for jumping into my display of the many years that I have worked my "behinder" to try to get the normal AMA member to stop "p and moaning" about the bad stuff in the AMA's hierarchy, but to study AMA History and find out where management is good along with when AMA is horrible and times between.
Folks like you that show ".... Zero years building, 6 years operating, and beginner pilot..." need some information as your experiences certainly represent less than many years of experience and factual knowledge. That in itself is no problem, yet THOSE that fail to take the opportunity to learn from those that have fought strong battles for AMA simply designate their own failure to keep a lamp burning for the AMA's future.
Look through these AMA items and you will find a whole lot more of my attempts to assist the AMA membership to learn where the real problems exist. "....dignified and graceful manner..." HA, HA, sonny when you have done 5% as much for model aviation, local and AMA, as I have in my 79 years, well then I might listen to you, if I can stop laughing.

Last edited by Hossfly; 12-25-2014 at 09:14 PM.