RCU Forums - View Single Post - Do we really need the ama, or is it just like auto insurance...another ripoff?
Old 12-25-2014, 10:13 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So much for the "so long mama suns"

Your posts of late sure don't seem to be those of someone laughing, quite the opposite actually. More like bitter tears of defeat. You had unfettered access to this site to campaign for months on end, post after post. Conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory, waffling answer after the next. The membership saw exactly what they would get, the same person who had a similar position years ago and walked away from it then if I'm not mistaken.

All your opponent had to so was sit by quietly, it certainly wasn't his race to lose. He won handily, and you lost. Your critique of the AMA is fair enough, it's by no means a perfect organization. You've gone past that since your sound defeat however, calling into question those whose votes you sought, and making other comments in extremely poor taste.

"I can dig up a lot of skeletons, but why? I see so many postings here where the posters think that AMA is the so-much great Community Based Organization. It ain't so! What does it take? About 12,000 voters in this last EC election, YUCK! You bring back the S-Old-St. The worst is that several new bodies were coming on board, while the voting members had the opportunity to make some real new inroads, but you did not rise to the CHORE ! Sad !"

"Unfortunately the vast majority of the membership does NOT deserve any thing more so than what AMA throws at them. What a frigging shame for the most of you, but you well deserve it. You recently had a real chance to get a lot of things accomplished, but reading the ads took over and you just sit here. SO SAD!
"

Those comments are really presumptuous, judgmental, and appear to come from a place of bitterness. Certainly not the conduct of an officer, it's been shameful, imo. Have some respect for the process that you were very much a part of, and the choices made by your peers. I can only imagine how you would be reacting had you won, and your opponent made the same comments.

Gotta laugh at the personal attack, nothing is more desperate (and predictable) than trotting out the old "i've built stuff and been here longer than you" comparison to try to one up the other guy. And "Sonny"...oh man. Yes, we know what you did 30 year ago regarding the frequencies, you've noted it over and over. Completely irrelevant though to the current election, and loss, and they way you've responded to that. Attack for the AMA for what you perceive to be their shortcomings, maybe even suggest a better approach (one better than my way or the highway), and stop already with the attacks on those that didn't vote for you. Trying to compare that to keeping some lamp burning for future members of AMA and sharing knowledge is disingenuous.