RCU Forums - View Single Post - Return of Lunchbox..
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 02:21 PM
broncojd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THREAD BUMP! ... and my first post in about 5 years

my son (nearly 5 yrs old) loves to get out my LB and push it around the house. he has done this for a couple years. last year i bought him the mini lunchbox. he and i built it (mostly me) and he loved it. but then, easily predictably, he stripped out the gear box by pushing it around the house.

this year, i decided to buy him an RC car for himself for christmas. after going back and forth with different options, i settled on the LB for a number of reasons. long story short, this is the least modified LB i've built to date (it's #4) but it's perfect for him. the day after christmas we went to the hobby shop and he picked out this metallic blue. again i built it mostly by myself. but he helped turn screws and really liked the building of the gear box.

his kit came with the new brushless ESC (i had no idea, but was pleasantly surprised). but i think i might use that in mine, so i gave him my the teu-101bk i found in my toolbox. i guess it's from mine and i forgot about it.

these are the build specs:
motor: stock
ESC: teu-101bk
servo: RC gear shop standard BB metal gear
servo saver: kimbrough 124
radio: RC gear shop 2ch 2.4ghz FHSS (anyone with a young one would do well to consider a controller with an internal antenna)
receiver: RC gear shop 3ch 2.4ghz FHSS
shocks: stock
5th/3rd shock: reused stock from a previous build
ball bearings

now if i can only teach him to steer instead of just hitting the throttle until it crashes...but that's for another day!

and here is a pic of the stable as it currently stands. my son's, mine, and my daughter's. you can see she's had hers for a while now, haha.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20141227_114410.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	2058146   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141227_161826.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	2058148  

Last edited by broncojd; 12-27-2014 at 02:29 PM.