RCU Forums - View Single Post - Unilight System
Thread: Unilight System
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 08:38 PM
pauljetA1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unilight System

I thought It would be good to write a few lines on the Unilight system I have bought for my Airworld F104.

The system I have purchased consists of the 8 channel controller, 4 nav lights, 2 strobes, 1 flashing beacon and 3 landing lights. I also purchased the afterburner ring and its dedicated controller.

Ulrich at unilight has been most helpful and replies almost immediately to emails, even if they contain daft questions.

The 8 channel controller is excellent and will cover most applications a modeller will want.( there will always be a configuration that an individual comes up with that the controller will not do). The programming is simple but unfortunately can only be done from Windows,(mac not supported). Programming the controller is easy and the best way to learn is to have a play with it and see what happens. You can quickly pass hours coming up with different effects. If you get a problem you can just reset and start again. One feature I like is the bar graph display as it depicts the light sequence. Once you have generated a programme you can save it on your PC,which allows you to play and generate more programmes and load which ever one you want to use.

The afterburner ring is excellent and with the diffuser it removes the appearance of a series of lights in a circle.

A couple of things to note, these lights do get hot and are protected by thermal cut outs, and you need to wear sunglasses when working with them in the work shop.

I have not fitted them to the model yet, but I have had them out side in bright sunlight and you can definitely see these.
If you are looking for lights for your model these are

I if you have any questions on these lights email Ulrich at [email protected] he will certainly answer your emails. Or visit the web site http://www.unilight.at/

Finally I have no ties to unilight, I just thought I would let other modellers know what they are like if you were thinking about buying a set.

Paul