RCU Forums - View Single Post - *** Ultra Sport Brotherhood ***
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 01:04 AM
tschuy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw that the Titebond III was the waterproof type glue. But they list the Titebond II as Premium Type (or extended type) glue. My ignorance is showing through on this stuff, but I welcome the education. Thank you 😃. Curious to what others have used to laminate pieces of wood together and make the spars for the UltraSport 1000 or for any airplane kit that required one to laminate sections of wood to build their spars. I thought that the standard type 1 Titebond glue was just too flexible to use. So looked into something a bit more stiff when cured. I asked my brother the master wood worker and my dad. They both said the Titebond 2 was good stuff. Better then the type 1. I don't see the need for the type 3 as it states the major difference is that it was water proof. Why would one need that if there was no plan to fly off water. The wing would be covered and sealed with the film and sealed wheel wells for the retracts. I was going to mix a batch of resin and coat my wheel wells. Keeps it clean and offers additional strength when hardened. Going to use air for my retracts and line the wheel well area with balsa and seal with resin. Done it before. Takes time and patience to get it done, but well worth the effort. Looked pretty on my Bridi XLT and BTE Reaction 54. The resin coating really helped with sealing the area and added some strength to the balsa sheeting that lined the wheel wells. I guess thin ply would work well too. But I already shaped the balsa skin around a paint can and it worked well for me....

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone! My wish to you and your family is much success and happiness for the year 2015!!!

Let it be your best!!!

Cheers,