RCU Forums - View Single Post - New virtual caller app for iPhone (and NOW, ANDROID TOO)
Old 01-01-2015, 03:50 AM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pvogel
OK. Drac, thanks for the feedback. Couple things to help me diagnose what may be going on:

1. What's your user name on deploy gate? Are you da4rc? That will enable me to work with you to grab logs...

2. Let's try this with build 18:
a. Configure the caller for tilt control
b. Set the trigger to 20 degrees and the reset to 15
c. Select the sequence you've been using (sounds like FAI P-15?)
d. Lay the phone down flat on its back on a sturdy table facing up so the interface is right side up for you
e. Click the headphone play button or carefully flip the call enable switch to ON, it should call the first maneuver
f. Lift the left side of the phone to past 20 degrees to advance the call, while it's calling the maneuver, lay the phone back down flat on the table. Avoid changes on the pitch and yaw axis.
g. When the maneuver call is complete, repeat step f & g until it gets through the whole sequence or acts up.

Let me know if that gets you through the whole sequence or not -- the table removes several variables.

Either way, I'd like to set up a time where you can go through it as you have been using it and again as laid out above while I'm also online and can pull logs from the app remotely to see what tilts it is seeing. It could just be a really bad tilt sensor array or the fact that being in Australia you are upside-down :-) but then I wouldn't expect it to fail so consistently in the same place... I'm on PST, UTC-8 at the moment, You are in UTC+10 if I recall correctly (I work with a bunch of folks that are in AEST for Intuit's AU office in Sydney) so that makes my mid afternoon your morning on the following day so we have a good overlap...

I'll PM you my e-mail address and cell # so we can coordinate by e-mail or text message, your choice...

Thanks!
Peter+
Hi Peter,

I sent an email. Glad to help.

We may be upside down, but we are always one day ahead of you guys. Lol.