RCU Forums - View Single Post - Remembering Carl Goldberg Models "The Legends of Carl GOldberg"
Old 01-02-2015, 06:38 AM
skylark-flier

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by cubcrasher
I think the Eaglet was a 25 size trainer and the Eagle was a 40 size. I remember a couple at the field back
in the 80's. I had a couple of the Eagles back in the old days. Sometime ago they changed the name to Eagle 2,
not sure when though.
Yeah, "MY" Eaglet was built in the early 1990's, I think during fall of 1991. Still have the instructions & kit manual - has a 1986 copyright date, and specifies .09-.20 power. I've had a OS.20FP in it for a long long time - works GREAT! I was just wondering if there was more than one release of the kit, this wreck I'm rebuilding has solid balsa wingtips, vs mine with the cheapie plastic tips. Gotta say, I like the balsa better. The wreck also seems to be a cheaper kind of ply, almost like a Lauan, vs my plane with a heavier type - probably Birch or something similar.

Anyway, it's going to be a challenge to rebuild - fun project for the winter. I've got pics in the camera, will upload them here later this afternoon. They show what I'm starting with - it's not much.

That engine's going to be a small project too. I've been soaking it in MEK for a week and she's turning now - rather freely, surprisingly. Plan to have it on a test stand this weekend to see if it'll just start-up without tearing apart first.

Ah, the Eagle-II. Love that plane!!!!!!! Mine was built in 1979, kit was bought in 1978. Outstanding plane to fly.