RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sail winch layout for scale sail gaffer
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 04:38 AM
whittlebeauty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sail winch layout for scale sail gaffer

Hi, I am new to the forum, and new to RC. I have been building a scale model of a Morecambe Bay prawner (Lancashire nobby), using a hull from Waverley Models. The boat is now complete, but I am having problems with the sail winch (ACE WQ2811). I found a set up in a modelling book which suggested a continuous loop with offtakes for jib sheets and main sheet. There isn't much room below deck so I added pulleys to increase travel. When I switch on the handset the servo runs on its own without any use of the control stick. Recently it has stopped working at all, but only some of the time. I haven't had the boat in the water yet, just using the RC to set up the sheeting at the right length. The steering servo is fine, so I assume the receiver is working and the problem lies with the sail servo.
I found a post on an American modellers site which suggested that the servo might be stalling and burn out. My local model club is no help as no-one does RC sail apart from kits. I saw someone post about a similar problem on this site, so can anybody help? Photos or plans of the sheet layout, or advice on setting up the servo would be very helpful.
Thanks