RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Guys 33% Pitts S1 ARF
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 08:17 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's been long enough that I can't remember the weight of the two engines, to know how far apart they are weight-wise now. I remember that I was figuring that the slight increase in friction due to the VV's second cylinder would leave me with the approximate power of a 35CC, but that's just a personal assessment from past experiences, and ultimately just a guess. The good news is that the boxes with the planes are beginning to beckon to me (see, this way I can pretend the little voices aren't really in my head), so I think I'll be ready to dig in again when I have the capability and room. My GSS (Giant Super Sportster) is really all ready for flight, but without looking, I'm inclined to think that the batteries are by now over two years old, so if I'm prudent, they'll probably need replacing first. Otherwise, all systems are go for that bird. Last year she was rebuilt and test-flown after being bisected by a power line, so she's back in good flying shape.

We chose a beautiful house, but one that will require months of work before we move in, so exactly when I can get time to start playing with planes is in question. The area that will ultimately be my plane room will probably first act as the staging area for all the reconstruction the house requires. Fair is fair. It'll be worth the effort and the expense, but situations like this do tend to take the time we hope to have with our planes and push it to the back burner.

Whatever happens, I want to do the Pitts up right. I'm really glad that Valley View is just down the road here, because I may just ask them for advice on this 40CC twin engine. You never know what sort of tips they can provide that might be of help.

~ Jim ~