RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dual elevator servos?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 02:16 AM
abufletcher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gravityking
Not what your looking for. I can walk you through this in 10 minutes if you wire up the servos like I mentioned above.
Now that I've read p.62 of the manual (Dual Elevator Mixing) it should be no problem. Now, I guess I can ask about the dual (one for each wing half) aileron servos. Again, I had just simple-mindedly been thinking of using a Y-harness as on smaller models. But now it seems to make sense (for the same reasons) to use programming to handle this. While there doesn't appear to be anything called "Dual Aileron Mixing" I should be able to do the same thing with the Aileron-differential setup (with one servo plugged into ch2 and the other plugged into ch6).

One problem arises, however. As was discussed in another thread, I was planning to use a simple dual battery/dual switch setup for power. Going the KISS route mean plugging the two power sources into two Rx slots. So with two slots for the elevator, two slots for the ailerons, there's just not enough slots on a 8ch Rx for everything. Something has to go.