RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dual elevator servos?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 08:44 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Don, now you are realizing the trouble you get into with so many servos, and trying to mix them all together. You run out of slots in your RX to receive all of these servos. This is one of the reasons why power expanders are used, as they facilitate more servos with more servo ports. As, again, with IMAC style aircraft, which seem to be the type of aircraft that have really driven these technologies.

I use Y harnesses on my batteries on most of my planes to free up these slots.

Just an FYI, I currently am flying a Great Planes 50cc sized Ultimate biplane. It has 4 aileron servos. All of them are on Y harnesses and it is working fine.

There are some little things you have to deal with when electronically mixing, that you are going to run into. Like getting the slaved servo to move with the trim switch. They have to be linked properly, or sometimes only the master will move with trim. All of this depends on your TX.

It is good to get experience with this stuff though, so play around with what set up works best for you. You can always go back and change it to a different configuration later if do not like it.