RCU Forums - View Single Post - Remembering Carl Goldberg Models "The Legends of Carl GOldberg"
Old 01-05-2015, 02:49 PM
skylark-flier

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi Bill!! Yeah, got the plans from outerzone - actually printed them up right here and taped all the parts/sheets together. I can tell you, it was quite a job and took an awful lot of tape - but I've got 'em. What I'm looking for right now is a set of the original Eaglet decals - I might or might not be successful in that one though.

The fuse is now all one piece and the tail group is remounted and ready to cover. The new bulkheads & firewall fit just fine, engine mounts are in and the epoxy is going to sit the rest of tonight before I do anything else on her. One thing I did with the mounts was to raise them up a bit. That "ply mounted to hardwood" thing just didn't look all that good to me so I've got straight hardwood mounts now. Tomorrow I'll start on the flooring, interior landing gear mounting plates and all the rest.

This is the 3rd restoration I've done in the past 4 months, and the 2nd oldest plane. This stuff is FUN!!!!!!!