RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cortex Gyro Failure
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 03:41 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by extremejets
Just wondering if anyone out there has had a problem with the Cortex Gyro (Failure). I came close to Loosing my Giant JL Yak 130 after 8 flights, I am using Spectrum AR12120 Receiver with A123 Life battery's 2@ (3100MA) all of my servos have less than .12 AMPS showing no binding. Just curious if anyone has had a similar failure ? the gyro is completely cooked? Strong electrical smell. I have these Gyros on my other jets and have had no problems up till now....Many Thanks.....
Glad to see that you are working with Danny on this.

I have these gyros on all my jets and am a rep as well. I've never seen one fail so I'd like to know more about how survivable the failure was. Can you give us a better idea of what happened. When did you first notice a problem? Was it upon powering up, or in the air (in other words erratic/wild performance and the landing was a miracle save), or after taxiing back in and opening the hatch to shut off the receiver (with no apparent loss of control). You wrote the "gyro is completely cooked?", is that a question or a statement? Do you have any pics?

Glad your YAK is safe,

Jim