RCU Forums - View Single Post - Gap seal tape
Thread: Gap seal tape
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 08:00 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Kurt and greg thank you very much for clearing that up, I did not have a clue.

Here is a little update on Kingman. We have never had a ama rulebook event here in the past. Only the warbirds and not to many of those. With the RCPro warbird having been a strong supporter I have in the past stirred up the passion and remember those wonderful caravans down to speedworld where actually got ten folks to participate on one of those events. Another nine, as I am sure you know its not easy to stir up that many especially when you have to drive a lot of miles.

OK back in 2011 is when it all came tumbling down (at least for me) that is when the walls of Jericho came down and electrics forced their way into a successful racing format that was predicated on a wing area / displacement formula. Could they not have their own race? Oh no heaven forbid They just had to break up a successful format and it seems to me they have been going downhill ever since.

This last year while I did not participate two of the fellows who I have mentored for some time now did race and I did not like what I was hearing with each of the CD's changing rules from event to event. So perhaps its time to come home to AMA rulebook.

This year there are two new and enthusiastic CD's (not counting me) and the first one cut his teeth last October with a club forty race and for a small town I think the 13 entrys if I remember correctly is quite a success. I hate to say it but last year during the tt .40 pro engine shortage, well I know where a lot of them went.

OK July 11 is the target date of our first Q-500 race and yes it will be on the AMA two pole course. This is to be a 424 event and yes I know it has been somewhat replaced by EF-1 Hmm sound familiar! This will be a sanctioned race, I am not the CD. The sanction is not in place yet but should not be too much longer.

If this is any kind of success then the club has already set a tentative date for a 424, 426 race. That one excites me having never been involved with that class before but have a suppliy of my old 428 stuff.

John