RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Twerp...!!
Thread: The Twerp...!!
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2015, 09:47 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I hope they don't require mufflers at the Great Flying Field In The Sky...!

The Twerp slogs forward. Thanks to the miracle of cheap photography, all the little flaws in this covering aren't too visible. What a nightmare of a covering session. Maybe this covering was laying around for too many years and lost it's STICKEM. It really needs high heat before it wants to stick and at that point it is also being shrunk and pulling itself loose.
The Mountain Dew bottle cowl worked pretty well. I made it just a bit loose fit around the firewall. It didn't shrink down to perfection, but plenty good for a plane like this. Like anything else, I'm sure there are little tricks to obtaining that last 5% towards perfection.
I am anxious to see it fly, because with working rudders that will hopefully add to it's bag of tricks.
What I've had happen before [and hopefully not here] is the rudders can induce a real fast spin, then when you try to cancel the spin there is just too much momentum to over come. If that happens with no throttle control, just ride it out till it's out of gas.
The rudder hook up is going to look GORY no matter what I do...unless I make some little fairings out of another pop bottle.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Twerp 002.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	452.5 KB
ID:	2062643   Click image for larger version

Name:	Twerp 004.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	421.6 KB
ID:	2062644  

Last edited by combatpigg; 01-09-2015 at 09:58 PM.