RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top RC Models MkIV full Composite Spitfire-a game changer
Old 01-10-2015, 03:15 AM
Magnum RC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes Eddie, the plane is designed for either engines or electric power. They even have a power package to offer all figured out for you. The area under the cowl has a standard box like plywood fixture for the engine, one must epoxy it all together, and reinforce it if you want an engine, or there is an optional box for electric that slides over the engine box and voila, the electric motor bolts to this piece. There is a big gap in the top of the box for air cooling the battery and ESC. The entire top of the Canopy/Hatch is removable for battery access. It is wonderfully designed for choice and one doesn't have to modify anything to choose engine power or electric. The Chinese have flight tested it, but this is one of the first production units in the states. Hence, this thread. We will build it here, and fly it. The manufacturer makes a set of electric retracts for it, quite robust with a 1/2" strut. I will show pictures of these this weekend, but I have delivered the specs to CJM to make an American made set so a new owner of this plane can have a choice. The Spinner is a heavy duty Aluminum spun in a 4.25" size. It is available in 3 blade or two blade. For myself, I am an engine guy. I need the sound of that engine horsing it around and I hate waiting on batteries to charge. I will submit some more pics soon of the inside, after all that is where the value lies, in that "sandwich composite" construction.