RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aviation Design Diamond Build by Ultimate Jets
Old 01-10-2015, 07:35 PM
number27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today I started my White Racer with Kingtech 210 with canopy on and turbine hatch on and WOT was applied and fuselage and canopy commenced to be sucked in, I stopped turbine. I have read others have had similar experiences with their Diamonds. I have modified the canopy and put an extra two hooks on it like the way CompARF attach their canopies on most of their jets. This alleviated a full blown suck in I believe. I have also added two 25mm holes in the nose-wheel box area.

When the turbine hatch is off the model and WOT is applied there are no problems. When turbine hatch is put in its place (as you put in place at idle it gets sucked into position easily) and when WOT is applied fault happens. I have the turbine placed as per normal setups in the past approx 25mm from the end of the pipe to the tail-cone of the turbine. In your assembly manual however you state to only place the tailcone into the bellmouth by approx 25mm to prevent the venturi effect. I am now seeking some resolutions to prevent the fuse and canopy being sucked in.

A; move turbine forward as per your manual (do we then get a whistling turbine as it is too far away from of pipe) ?
B: place more holes in the nose-wheel compartment area?
C: put some holes in the fuse under the turbine?
D: put some bracing in fuse (least likeable solution)?

Any suggestions appreciated.