RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 01-11-2015, 08:40 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Greybeard1
Unfortunately, that won't work with the Fox RC engines, They have their own carbs, unlike any other, can be finicky, and only their own needle valves will work. But I do remember buying and replacing needle assemblies with Perfect or Pylon brand, a more generic assembly that would work with almost anything. But that was in my ukie days.

Rich.
Right On Greybeard as for any RC engine with a carb. I forgot to be specific that I was talking about CL and FF engines. Carb engines are a different ball game as most carbs work under a different theme as compared to the CL/FF engine venturi tube. I still like CL and still have some and still do some, plus thinking to do more.
Thanks to you guys that bring in the Talcum Powder as filler. You are right as I did use some of the baby powder way back and that will not allow dope finish to last for any real time period of time
( Back then most models never lasted long enough to worry about it ) I learned that way way back, but about to have a 79th birthday, Feb. 19, and things can be certainly different.

Last edited by Hossfly; 01-11-2015 at 08:44 AM.