RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome-the not so scale, almost ready to fly, soon to be scrap, Warbird Brotherhood
Old 01-11-2015, 10:39 AM
sparky4lawndart
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dasintex
Frank; 2 Questions, Is that a Top Flite GS FW190, and what Engine would that be? I am still building my TF GS FW190, havn't started the Fuse, still have time to decide on an Engine, but want an engine that can be cowled in with minimal opening and hacking up the Cowl: have a short list of Engines: DLE 55, DLE 55RA, EME 70 Twin, DL 60, etc.

Thanks.
Hey Dasintex... hope all is well down there where the stars are bright!

nope.. my TF GS FW190 has the DLE55RA in it.. I'm saving up my pennies for the EME70 twin (very excited about that motor for my next TF FW190). I will be stripping the new one and glassing it... hangar rash is a reality for me in my man-cave, plus I'm pretty rough on my birds... Interestingly enough... I do have a DLE111 boxer on the shelf and it would fit the cowl on the TF FW190 with no mods save the exhaust holes that have to be cut... but that's way too much motor I think (DLE55RA 3.5lbs - DLE111 5.5lbs).

The Wulf I'm working on now is a Meister Platinum FW190-A8... I have a DLE120 in there (same size as the DLE111 that was in it). The baffling is complete and temporarily affixed to the cowl...

The size of the cylinder on that Gaui 4stroke 55cc from DA is pretty tall and would stick out of the cowl in a big way...