RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 11:00 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Extraviking
Should wanted to had a decent instruction on how to get the brake on the elevator from middle and front (-100- + 100) which is activated when the gear is down. And how swing nose wheel only when when gear is down.Not so easy this, when I soon is 60 years old and has JR system in the brain for 15 years.
For Brake activated by down elevator and steering, do the following:
In Function Assignment create Brake but don't assign a control.
in Function Assignment, create BrkCtl and assign it to your elevator stick, P2 if using Mode 2.
In Function Assignment, create Steering and assign it to your Rudder stick (P4 if Mode 2) and select a trim control if desired, I use P8.
In Servo Assignment, assign your Brake, BrkCtl and Steering channels.
In Fine Tuning, Function Curves, Select a curve type of "3 Points" and set the point as follows: -100, -100, 100. This moves the full brake control to down elevator only.
In Fine Tuning, Free Mixes. Create the following mixes;
BrkCtl to Brake with a value of -100%, enabled by your landing gear switch when it is in the RETRACTED position. This mix DISABLES your brakes when the gear is up.
Steering to Steering with a value of -100%, also enable by our landing gear switch when it is in the RETRACTED position. Thiis mix DISABLES your steering when the gear is up.

You can use the Dual Rate / Expo menu to tune your steering as well as your other control surfaces if desired.

Hope this helps. This is basically how I set these up but I'm typing from memory so there may be some missed steps but this should help you figure out any other details

I also use a Parking Brake on a side level which is why I needed to create BrkCtl. You may be able to skip creating BrkCtl and assign brake directly to your elevator control. If so, the mix to disable would be brake to brake, -100 instead of BrkCtl to Brake...

Last edited by wfield0455; 01-17-2015 at 11:03 AM.