RCU Forums - View Single Post - Topflite Giant P-47 Club
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 01:18 PM
haefeli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend bought that engine 2 years ago along with the arc version and never did a thing with it. The engine is beautifully made. I believe it is to large a diameter for the cowl. I explained to him to get a fiberglass specialties cowl and cut it in half. Then jig it up and build in a 1/2" wide spacer right up the middle and use a thin layer of Hondo to reshape. Prime it and if painting it I'd use single stage enamel with urethane gloss Gardner. It'll stand up to 30% nitro loads no problem. This is what is used on the black and white checker board cowl listed above. I swear by this go to harbor freight and get the hvlp spray gun for 10 bucks. Completely take apart and clean with thinner. They are assembled with oil. This gun is what I used. The paint is as sprayed. It is not polished. If you want to dull it down use corn starch after the paint is mixed. I am doing the Zombie scheme and the color picture is gloss white and black. From a home computer Google P-47 Walk Around. Its 85 pages of highly detailed pictures with notes and all stencils. Zombie is on page 51 and 52. If you can't find it let me know. I have the link at work. My cell phone won't load it. They want 10 bucks but the work computer opens right up. Its the best I have ever come across to see everything .