RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 60cc Corsair
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 10:08 AM
njmheli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chorner
Thanks GoShawk. Good to know, as I was going to fly it first with a 22x10 which would've been even worse than the 23x10. What brand props did you try? I purchased a Beila 3 blade "semi-scale corsair prop". I actually have my engine out to be converted to CDI glow right now, and plan to run it off a ~15% nitro and 9% oil combination. So hopefully that gives it a good ~15% boost in performance.
Hi.

I have had my 7-77 on the test stand for about 6 months now ( still finishing off the Corsair ),I have it converted to CDi from Adrian at CH.
I managed to purchase a "Tacho" that plugs directly into the ignition box that Adrian supplies..........so pretty accurate on the RPM reading.
The 7-77 is well run in now and and is running on the "mix" as suggested by Evo,at the moment it is 10% Nitro,I am running a Biela 22" x 12 x 3 Blade,the latest on the ground readings I have at Max throttle ( still a little rich on the needle ) is 5100rpm.......................using the 22" x 10 x 3 is far too near the un-load estimate of MAX rpm advised.

So in theory,I would expect the rpm max in flight to be around 5600 +...............

I agree that the two blade option would be a safer bet for all round performance.

Regards..................Nick (UK).