RCU Forums - View Single Post - QUANTUM JET by TAFTHOBBY
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 10:28 AM
sandrocacciola

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The flight test
After waiting a "window" useful in bad weather in January, finally a sunny day (but with wind) for testing the singular edf biplane Tafthobby. The batteries installed are the Nano-Tech 6S 5000Mah 35C with some discarge. After verification the center of gravity (which I held as indicated by the instructions supplied by TaftHobby) I moved about 3 cm behind the battery pack from the front end of the wood base where are fixed.The take off of the model is the same of the Viper and Valkyrie, and after about 40 meters of asphalt strip giving progressively engine not to cause a rotation axis yaw. The engine gives good and no problem to take off. Once airborne with gear down the model tends to slide to the right, moviment that not is present with the gear retracted. Slightly beaten yet need to trim with some "beep" of ailerons and rudder, then gear up (I had prepared two flight conditions in the knowledge that their gear down and opened the front door could trigger different behaviors that with gear up). After centered the model in the two flight conditions I can do testing fly and I must say that the Quantum is defended very well; even if the dynamic forces caused by the two wings and the pylons wings cause a movement "auto level", tendency to level the wings. It's sufficient a few rounds to "take steps" and have good flying.
The landing does not require special care: It's sufficient take practice with some step slow but the stalemate is predictable and the greater wing area allows sufficient control.