RCU Forums - View Single Post - Where have all the builders gone
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 11:41 PM
lannie41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I built a guillows arrow when I was about 12 years old and when I wound that rubber band up and gave it a toss it actually flew and I was hooked for life I think. I am 52 now and for many years while raising kids I just did not have the time. I bought a couple of Arfs to try and It just was not the same knowing that many others had the exact same plane. I have built a 96" Unionville turbo beaver and most of a 120" Mr. Aerodesign Pilatus porter this winter. I just ordered a BUSA 1/4 scale pup and a Proctor Nieuport 28 . If the BUSA goes well I will start the Proctor Model. The wife and I are going to drive down to Oregon to pick it up when I get the call and she is happy I have a hobby that I really enjoy. I live in Alberta and this hobby makes a cold winter pass by much faster with many things to look forward to when the sun finally starts to melt the snow banks away. I am a member who does not also post on RC scalebuilder but I am always reading and learning from others there as well as here and other similar sites. For me one of the most important things about building is to finish the one you are working on before starting another. It is so fulfilling to watch something you built fly and so easy to repair what you built. Arfs, kits, scratch builders all share a great hobby ! I am amazed at some of the abilities others have and it is easy to be inspired. I am a poor pilot but lucky I guess because I love building them.