RCU Forums - View Single Post - Where have all the builders gone
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 09:39 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How many of U have built a plane Full Scale from Scratch or Kit ... How about a Car Locomotive, boat. skies, spinning rod, Rifle tennis racket Base Ball Bat ... 50 to 200 years ago it was necessary ... Today it's about the Flying not so much the building for the average. Model enthusiasts had to build then but today it's mostly about the flying. There's more People into RC of all kinds just because U can buy an ARF/RTF model today. If people have the skill time and inclination and use it as a hobby or just a release form the daily grind, Wonderful. But few people have that skill or inclination today.. I PERSONALLY hate GLUE CA ECT. But it sure likes me ... sticks my fingers together right after I remove the cap. If I could put it up on a Bridgeport (Non CNC) and machine and bolt it together I would Might get a little heavy though. I detest putting an ARF together. Like I think I said before Thank GOD for Swap meets auctions and RCU.

But God Bless those with the talent Time and Inclination to Scratch Build a Scale Masterpiece Just shows how great and diverse this hobby/sport is.